Hand chain hoist has a compact structure, small volume and easy carry. It’s widely used in the warehouse, port and mining industries. For fewer chain hoist accidents and long life using, it’s critical to have safe chain hoist operation and make regular maintenance. Of course, each package will have a chain hoist manual instructing how to use the chain hoists efficiently and safely.
Tips for Safe and Efficient Chain Hoist Operation
- Always choose the right capacity and lifting height for your specific needs. Overloading is strictly prohibited.
- Prior to each use, carefully inspect all parts of the chain hoist, including the hooks and nuts, to ensure they are free from any damage or looseness. The load chain should be hung vertically without any twisted links, as this can cause accidents and damage to the load sheave.
- Ensuring the transmission part and lifting chain are well lubricated, in good working condition and the idling condition is normal.
- When lifting objects, make sure they are properly centred on the hook and secure the chain hoist safety latch. Avoid using a crooked or deformed load hook, as this can lead to accidents.
- Always pull the objects vertically to prevent violent shaking and chain hoist safety accidents. Tilt pulling should be strictly avoided, as it can cause the hand chain to jump from the hand wheel and break the parts.
- The hand chain wheel rotates clockwise and the cargo rises; otherwise, the hand chain wheel rotates counterclockwise. , the weight will slowly descend. When pulling the hand chain, it should be raised evenly and gently. Do not use too much force. If the force is too strong, the chain will be twisted together. At the same time, do not use too much force. Stop, check for accidents. It is strictly forbidden for people to move around during lifting to avoid danger.
- Remember, the chain block is designed specifically for lifting cargo. Tying up goods and attempting to lift them can be extremely dangerous.
Essential Chain Hoist Maintenance.
- Before and during each use, inspect all chain hoist accessories for any damage.
- After use, clean the chain block and apply anti-rust grease. Store it dry to prevent dampness, rust, and corrosion.
- In cases of frequent use or harsh environments, regular lubrication of the chain hoist is necessary. Chains, gears, and other parts should be regularly checked, adjusted, and replaced if necessary. However, it is essential to avoid unauthorized disassembly and assembly by individuals who are not familiar with the chain hoist mechanism.
- After cleaning and repairs, perform a no-load test to ensure the hoist functions properly and the chain hoist brake is reliable before use.
- Keep the friction disc surface clean and frequently check the brake part to prevent brake failure and potential incidents of falling heavy objects.
- When installing the braking device of the hand chain hoist, pay attention to the good meshing between the tooth groove of the ratchet and the claw of the ratchet. The control of the ratchet by the spring should be flexible and reliable. The plate is pressed tightly on the brake seat, and the hand chain wheel is rotated counterclockwise, there should be a gap between the ratchet and the friction plate.
By following these safety and maintenance guidelines, you can ensure optimal performance and longevity of your chain hoist.